We are looking for VP of technology for fintech startup with relocation to the United Kingdom (London).
Our client: leading company in debt сrowdfunding for SMEs, one of the top three companies in this area in Europe. Total investments more than 35 million $.
The role: As VP Technology, you will be responsible for leading Engineering, Product, Data and Design teams. You will own and drive future technology strategy. You’ll be at the heart of a dialogue between technical and business teams, working on the high-level tech strategy with the founders and diving deep into the complexity with the engineers.
Technical environment: Platform is built in .Net C# and AngularJS and hosted in Azure, but the choice of technologies is continually evolving (website was recently overhauled in React). Data team is currently working in R, Python, NodeJS, and F#.
The company has a strong DevOps culture and believe CI/CD/Testing are the only ways to innovate at scale.
- Lead the tech team as a whole ensuring all parts work effectively together as they grow
- Help your team grow and learn - both in improved management skills and better software speed and quality- and coach emerging leaders
- Recruit and motivate a high-performing Tech team
- Help remove obstacles to productivity and help the technical team make meaningful, deliverable commitments
- Work with the rest the broader team and the tech team to discover, refine, and execute on strategic plans for new products and initiatives
- Create close working relationships with other key executives at the company (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Risk) to understand their domain area, and find ways that product & engineering can help
- Serve as a voice to balance out various competing interests, estimate complexity and relative benefits, so as to help the leadership team make appropriate global trade-offs
- This role will report directly to the Founders of the company.
You can offer:
- A track record of leading and scaling effective tech teams;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Great aptitude for developing tech and product strategies in line with the commercial strategy of the business;
- A desire to build cutting-edge digital products and services
- Strong leadership capabilities;
- A validated background in recruiting, retaining, and leading product and development teams;
- Experience coaching team members, including leaders of teams, to improve;
- Substantial experience in negotiating with technical partners and software vendors;
- Communication with credibility and gravitas both internally and externally;
- Previous experience of working in finance or managing data teams ideal but not required
- Competitive salary;
- Best in class share options scheme;
- Innovation days;
- Enhanced maternity leave;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Amazon Kindle and ebooks;
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership;
- Mentoring from industry leaders;
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies 25 days annual leave per year, plus birthday off!;
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, table football and beer fridge) in the heart of Shoreditch.